We have found this delicious and easy-to-make recipe of Chicken Stroganoff with white champignons at Lemon Blossom’s website. We can’t wait to share with you this recipe by a freat chef Kathy! Go and check this and many other recipes at the link!
Chicken Stroganoff is made with tender chicken and mushrooms cooked in a creamy and decadent sauce. This mouthwatering Stroganoff recipe takes about 40 minutes to make and it’s the perfect comfort food dish for a weeknight meal!
There’s nothing better than a creamy chicken and noodles dish. This hearty Chicken Stroganoff recipe delivers so much flavor and is always a big hit at dinner time. I totally get why everyone loves Chicken Stroganoff, juicy chicken pieces smothered in a tasty and creamy mushroom sauce, served over tender egg noodles is absolutely an amazing meal! Trust me your family will love it!
I always have boneless skinless chicken breasts in my freezer, so having simple and tasty chicken breast recipes handy are a must for me. Boneless chicken breasts cook fairly quickly and chicken dinners are always welcome at my house.
To make this Stroganoff recipe I use simple and fresh ingredients (no can of mushroom soup to make the sauce), just some chopped onions, garlic, and mushrooms. Although I used white mushrooms to make this dish, you can use cremini or portobello mushrooms as well.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN STROGANOFF
- Season the chicken pieces with salt, pepper, dried thyme, paprika and garlic powder.
- In a large skillet saute the chicken. Remove it from the skillet (the chicken may not be cooked through, don’t worry, it will finish cooking in the sauce).
- In the same skillet, melt some butter. Saute the onions, garlic and mushrooms. Add the remaining butter and flour and cook for a minute.
- Stir in the broth, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer.
- At this point, you can cook the egg noodles.
- Add the sour cream to the sauce and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut thinly into bite size pieces
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms (cremini, baby bellas and portobellas can be used)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked and drained
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley for garnishing
Place the chicken into a bowl. Season he chicken with salt, pepper, thyme, paprika and garlic powder. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium – high heat. Working in two batches, add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown, stirring as needed. Add the remaining oil as needed through the cooking process. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
In the same skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion and cook until slightly soft, about 2 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. Add the mushrooms and saute, stirring until they begin to brown, about 4 minutes.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet, when melted stir in the flour. Stir until all the ingredients seem incorporated. Cook the mixture for about 1 – 2 minutes.
Add half of the broth slowly while stirring. When incorporated, add the remaining broth. Stir in the mustard and Worcestershire sauce, Return the chicken to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for about 5 – 6 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. The sauce will thickened as you simmer.
Add the sour cream and stir well to combine. Simmer for an additional 2 minutes, making sure the sauce doesn’t boil. Add salt and pepper to taste and remove from the heat. Serve over hot egg noodles and garnish with chopped parsley.